Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mango Mint Sorbet with Prosecco

Announcement: I have a job.

I have a job! I'm employed! I'm officially a fully integrated, contributing member of society.

Time to celebrate.


*Happy Dance*

*Action shot*

My celebratory drink: Champagne, obviously. With a twist.

Ingredients
1 large mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
2-3 sprigs mint
1 bottle Prosecco

Special Equipment: Ice cream maker, Blender

Procedure:


1. Combine water, sugar, and mint in a saucepan. Bring to a bubble, then turn off the heat and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes. Pluck out the mint leaves and discard.
2. Chop the mango. Combine the simple syrup and mango in a blender and process until smooth.
3. Run the mixture through the ice cream maker for 20 minutes. Freeze overnight.
4. Scoop out the sorbet into a glass. Pour champagne over it.


-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...