Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sips on Saturday: Grilled Peaches & Gin

Summertime is the perfect time for gin. I LOVE gin and tonics (and I've been told that I'm essentially an old lady because of that...but see if I care.

 Incidentally, it's also peach season. I thought it'd be a tasty marriage, and I was right. It's a jazzed-up classic with a little extra sweetness, a little floral-fruity note. Grilling the peaches brings out their flavor and adds a little caramel flavor in the background. Perfect for a hot St. Louis summer.



Ingredients:
1 peach, sliced into wedges
1 lime, sliced into wedges
Tonic water
Gin
Sugar
Optional: lemon verbena, mint
 

Procedure:

Sprinkle peaches with sugar. Grill for a few minutes per side or until you get some gorgeous marks.

 

Meanwhile, rub a lime on the rim of a glass and dip in sugar, just for a little extra something sweet.




Add the lime, a couple grilled peaches and some ice into the glass. Add your preferred amount of gin, tonic, and any optional herbs.



Happy Saturday, readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...