Thursday, July 19, 2012

In the Bread Basket: Artisan bread


Considering the word is in the title of my blog, I realized I don't have many bread recipes posted. As in, only one.

Hmm. One of life's little mysteries, I guess {or my absentmindedness}.

So I decided to change that. Here's to a new installment … In the Bread Basket.

First is French baguette. These are way easier to make than I thought, and when they're fresh out of the oven, they're indescribably good.

 Kelsey Nixon's Homemade French Baguettes




This no-knead dutch oven bread is also a super easy recipe, it just takes a while to rise. It looks like one of those artisan rolls from Panera that you can get soup served in. Even more impressive: it tastes exactly the same. I can't believe I made this in a ceramic pot.

No Knead Dutch Oven Bread


P.S. Ever wonder what a day of blogging looks like at the Starke household? 


Yep. Darla helps. She's my assistant. And the best part is, she works for peanuts (or puppy crunchies).


-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...