Friday, March 16, 2012

Oh My Guinness: Stout brownies

It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without a tall glass of Guinness stout. When Justin and I went to Dublin for Spring Break while studying abroad in Rome, we went to the Guinness factory.




  


I've alway loved the coffee-chocolate undertones of the beer, so it seemed like a good idea to put it in some brownies. I did a little research, and found a recipe from Godiva.com. I tweaked it a little, and came up with these.


Ingredients
1 12-oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup Guinness stout
6 tbsp butter

Preparation

Whip together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.




Set up a double boiler. This basically means a pot of simmering water with a large bowl on top.


Put the chocolate and butter in the double boiler and stir occasionally until melty and delicious.


I have to admit, I nibbled on this a bit. So good. Seriously, I wish I had a kiddie pool full of this stuff. It tastes like fudge.


 Dollop the mixture into the eggs and sugar. Whip it up until smooth.

Sift together the flour and cocoa powder; mix into the batter.


Soooo gooood.

Pour in the beer. Mix.


Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick through it and it comes out clean.


This is my kind of St. Patty's Day treat.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...